Parents are the primary care providers for their child. As a Kid’s Korner community, it is our goal to include our families in as much activities and communications as possible.
Each room will provide Weekly Newsletters about the happenings of the classroom, with information about the classrooms age developments, goal, and curriculum.
By including parents, we can build a strong foundation for the child’s future by giving everyone a vested interest in every step of the child’s growth. A parent’s involvement gives the child support and knowledge that the child is important. Parent Involvement at Kid’s Korner includes, but is not limited to:
- Weekly Newsletters
- Daily Reports
- The opportunities to participate in Progress Report Conferences a minimum of two times a year, or more
- Parent Readers
- Parent lunches
- Parent Snacks
- Parent Volunteers for joining classroom activities (centers, field trips, special events)
- Family Breakfast
- Family pictures posted in rooms
- Parent trainings (yoga, scrapbooking, behavior issues, etc.)
- Include community happenings in our classrooms and center communications
- Bring in their talents, careers of our families to share with the center
- Offer parents the opportunity to review, critique, assess the program
- Offer parents the opportunity to celebrate special events, classroom parties, etc.
- Parenting Sessions
- Parent/Grandparent Committee (helps with various activities, feedback/insight with curriculum, Room
- Parents, assists Board of Directors in fundraising, etc.)